WELCOME TO THE NASSAU GUARDIAN ONLINE
1. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
3. USER OBLIGATIONS AND WARRANTY
You may retrieve the contents of this website for personal use only, however it shall not be stored on any retrieval system or device for use by others.
1. The contents of this website shall not be exploited in anyway and you may not abuse the services offered herein. You agree that the website and it's contents shall not be modified in any way.
2. The user agrees not to use or allow third parties or others to use the service in any way (without limitation to contents posted) which may be offensive, abusive, indecent, threatening, menacing, defamatory, in breach of any intellectual proprietary rights or any third party rights, anything which is immoral, malicious of any individual, illegal and unlawful.
3. That you will not cause any annoyance, inconvenience, anxiety, harassment to any person from our website or the internet in violation of any laws in any jurisdiction or any international laws.
4. That you will not introduce any virus or any disruptive or other harmful program or any thing that will impair the service offered or any other service on the internet or generally anything in breach of this agreement.
5. By submitting or posting content/s to this website, you agree to and grant The Freeport News, its licensees, agents, employees and subsidiaries the right to use, reproduce, modify, display, distribute in any way any material or contents submitted, except as provided otherwise herein.
6. You warrant that all information submitted to us is your original work and you own all proprietary rights, including but not limited to any copyright you retain.
NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING CONTAINED IN THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS, HEREIN, NEITHER THE FREEPORT NEWS, NOR ANY OF ITS SUBSIDIARIES GIVE ANY WARRANTIES OR GUARANTEES FOR THE CONTENTS OR ANY MATERIAL POSTED ON ITS WEBSITE AND SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND WHETHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY INCLUDING ANY LOSS OF PROFITS OR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL OR INCONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES SUFFERED OR INCURRED BY THE USER FOR WHATEVER REASON. THE CONTENT OF THIS WEBSITE IS OBTAINED FROM SEVERAL SOURCES AND MAY INCLUDE; FACTS, VIEWS, OPINIONS, PREDICTIONS OR FORECASTS AND INFORMATION WHICH MAY BE OF USE TO YOU GENERALLY. THE CONTENT SHOULD THEREFORE, BE USED FOR GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY. WHILE EVERY CARE IS TAKEN, WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE ACCURACY, TIMELY, CURRENT AND COMPLETENESS OF THE INFORMATION OR CONTENT ON OUR WEBSITE. WE DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SITE WILL BE ACCESSIBLE AT ALL TIMES AND THAT IT WILL BE FREE FROM ANY VIRUS OR OTHER HARMFUL OR DESTRUCTIVE SOFTWARE WHICH MAY CAUSE HARM OR DESTROY YOUR SYSTEM ON ACCESSING OR USING THE WEBSITE. DUE CARE SHOULD BE TAKEN BY ALL USERS TO ENSURE THAT THEIR SYSTEM OR MEANS OF ACCESSING OUR WEBSITE IS PROTECTED FROM ANY HARMFUL OR DESTRUCTIVE VIRUS WHICH MAY BE ENCOUNTERED WHILE ON THE WORLD WIDE WEB. THE USE OF AND ACCCESS OF THIS WEBSITE WHETHER DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY IS DONE AT YOUR OWN RISK. TO THE EXTENT THAT THEY MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED, WE ACCEPT NO RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE CONTENT ON OUR WEBSITE OR ANY OTHER SITES ACCESSED BY HYPER-LINKS FROM OUR WEBSITE. THE CONTENTS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE DO NOT SHARE, ENDORSE, WARRANT, NOR ACCEPT ANY RESPONSIBILITY FOR VIEWS, OPINIONS, PREDICTIONS OR FORECASTS AND INFORMATION PROVIDED OR DISPLAYED ON THE SITE. YOU SHOULD NOT RELY ON ANY STATEMENT PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE IN TAKING ANY DECISION OR ACTION WHATSOEVR, WITHOUT CONDUCTING YOUR OWN INDEPENDENT CHECKS OR TAKING EXPERT OR PROFESSIONAL ADVICE. BUYERS SHOULD THEREFORE, BEWARE AND MAKE THEIR OWN CHECKS AND INQUIRIES BEFORE CONTRACTING AND PROVIDING SENSITIVE PERSONAL INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES WHILE ON THE INTERNET OR THIS WEBSITE.
THE USER HEREIN AGREES THAT IT WILL INDEMNIFY AND HOLD HARMELESS THE FREEPORT NEWS COMPANY LIMITED, ITS SUBSIDIARIES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, AGENTS, CO-BRANDERS AND EMPLOYEES HARMLESS AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, LIABILITIES, LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, COSTS AND FEES IN ANY LEGAL PROCEEDINGS, CONSEQUENTIAL AND INCONSEQUENTIAL LOSS WHICH MAY BE SUFFERED ARISING OUT OF EACH OR ANY USE OF THIS WEBSITE, WHETHER ACCESSED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY, VIOLATION OF ANY THIRD PARTY RIGHTS, PROPRIETARY RIGHTS OR ANY BREACH OF THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS HEREIN OR ANY OTHER USER POLICY AND REQUIREMENT WHICH MAY BE POSTED FROM TIME TO TIME AS AMENDED.
6. THIS IS INCLUSIVE OF BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE USE OF ANY SERVICE OR SERVICES OFFERED BY US WHICH INCLUDE THE SENDING AND RECEIVING O EMAIL OR FILES WHICH MAY CONTAIN HARMFUL VIRUS WHICH MAY DESTROY YOUR SYSTEM.
7.CHANGES TO TERMS AND CONDITIONS
9. CONTRACT FORMATION
11. CO-BRANDED SITES
12. INTELLUCTUAL & PROPRIETARY RIGHTS
This service is protected by Jamaican and international copyright laws. All material, including but not limited to; text, sound, photographs and graphics in any form appearing on the site are considered as a collective work and are subject to copyright protection.
14. Copyright laws prohibit you from copying, reproducing, distributing or modifying any part of the collective works except that you are authorized to copy documents and information published by The Gleaner Company Limited on this site (henceforth referred to by "documents") for non-commercial use only. Non-commercial use is defined as making one machine readable and/or print copy, excluding photocopying, that is limited to occasional articles of personal interest which are for your sole personal use.
15. Neither the Name of The Nassau Guardian, nor The Freeport News Logo, nor the logo of any of its subsidiaries or sites, nor their likeness or any derivative thereof may be used in conjunction with these documents for advertising or publicity purposes without prior written permission being obtained.
16. (ii) Trademarks
The trademark of The Freeport News company are registered by us. We retain all proprietary rights in them, www.thefreeportnews.com and any of it's associated websites. You many not use them in any form, likeness or derivatives, without our written consent.
Advertisers or links on our website may display or have their logos, names, trade marks or trading names thereon. We make no warranties in respect of these and you must do your own independent enquiries or make direct contact with them.
17.All trademarks acknowledged.
Please direct all questions to :
The Freeport News
P.O. Box F – 40007
W Cedar Street
Grand Bahama, The Bahamas
(242) 352 8321
This agreement, including these Terms and Conditions of Use and any other terms and conditions which are posted on the pages of our site constitute a contract made in Jamaica and is governed in all respects by the Laws of Jamaica and must be construed, applied and interpreted in accordance with those laws. Any and all dispute, controversy or differences as to the interpretation, construction or any contract or any action which may arise in tort, the choice of law shall be Jamaican law.
19 .Except that The Freeport News retain the right to bring proceedings as to the substance of the matter in any court including, the courts of your country of residence or the country of your domicile or principal place of business. On accessing this website you irrevocably agree that the Bahamian court shall have exclusive jurisdiction in any and all disputes arising out of or in connection with the accessing of and or use of the site or its content in any way whatsoever.
All disputes, whether in tort or contract or any conflicts(excluding conflicts of laws), differences which may arise out of or in connection with this agreement or its construction, operation, interpretation or termination shall be settled by arbitration. The parties shall decide the venue of such arbitration and where they are unable to do so within SEVEN (7) DAYS one shall be appointed by the Court or a Judge may do so on an application by either party. The arbitration shall be in accordance with the Arbitration Act 1900 or any laws or regulations in force in The Bahamas are deemed to be incorporated. The number of arbitrators shall be three. Each party to the proceedings shall be permitted to appoint its own arbitrator within SEVEN (7) DAYS and both arbitrators may appoint a third arbitrator or referee. If the appointment of the third arbitrator or referee is not made by the parties or the arbitrators, so appointed by the parties; any party or arbitrator may serve written notice on the parties to the proceedings, or the arbitrators. If the appointment is not made within seven days after service of the notice, the Court or a Judge may on application by a party or an arbitrator who gave the notice, appoint a third arbitrator or referee, who shall have the like powers to act and make an award as if he had been appointed by the consent of the parties.
21. The arbitration and any subsequent award shall take place in The Bahamas. All submissions and awards in relation to the arbitration proceedings shall be made in English. The arbitrators shall resolve all dispute referred to them in accordance with the substantive laws of The Bahamas.
22. HYPER-LINKS AND THIRD PARTY SITES
23. MESSAGE BOARDS
At our sole discretion, The Freeport News reserves the sole right to remove any and all material or information posted on our message boards or website. All messages are subject to our editorial control and we may edit, make corrections or refuse at our sole discretion information received before posting.
Because of the anonymous nature of the internet, we will require certain confidential information known only to you and is necessary for us to identify you. All necessary precaution is taken to keep confidential all personal or financial information submitted on our website. When we ask that you provide us with confidential information such as credit card, charge cards or other electronic or digital modes of payment we use technologically secure electronic systems. Strict corporate policies and procedures are adhered to, to prevent any breach or access by unauthorized persons and periodic reviews are conducted to avoid a breach of these policies to prevent any loss, misuse or changes to the information submitted.
25.The information collected will not be used for any purpose other than the intended purpose when requested. There may be occasions when parts or all of the information provided by you will be shared with other third parties who are acting on our behalf. They are mandated by us to maintain a strict code of conduct and confidentiality and are instructed to use the information only in accordance with our privacy policies and procedures.
26. The accessibility of the internet globally means it does not recognize national boundaries. Therefore the collection and transmission of personal data is not confined to one country. By using the internet and our website your personal data may be processed and transferred to or via jurisdictions without our knowledge and or control. You therefore agree that your personal data may be processed or transmitted in these several jurisdictions.
27. Minor (children)
It is the responsibility of a guardian or parent to ensure that a child or minor is monitored while using the World Wide Web. While we will exercise due care to protect their privacy and will not knowingly permit advertisement which if promoted to a minor may be immoral, unsuitable, inappropriate or illegal, we strongly advise that parental permission be given before any action is taken by a minor in response to any direct marketing for any products or services while using this website.
28. REPRODUCTION OF CONTENT
The contents of this site are copyrighted to or licensed to us for our use exclusively on this site and in the manner displayed or portrayed. The contents may also include the trademarks, designs or other works of advertisers, merchants or other third party. You may not reproduce in any form whatsoever, create a derivative of, store on any retrieval system accessible to a third party, the content of this website or the proprietary rights of any third party. See Intellectual & proprietary rights. Written permission must be given by The Gleaner or the relevant party for the reproduction of the content of this website or any material, graphic or design posted on the site.
You may be required to register or access some pages on our website in order to use them. You must provide complete and accurate information when prompted to do so. It will be your responsibility to update your registration data should there be any changes.
30. When you register, it is for a single user only and your user name and password is for your exclusive use only, and must never be shared or used by anyone. Separate terms and conditions will apply on registering for these pages and registration will be terminated unless you accept the terms and conditions of use for the specified pages, which will be in addition to the terms and conditions for the general use of our website.
31. Registration will be exclusively for The Freeport News and does not apply to registration on websites of any third party, who will have their own procedure.
All subscriptions must be done in accordance with the terms and conditions set out on that page, in addition to any laws or terms which may apply as amended from time to time. See our:
(ii) Classified Advertisements,
(iv) Library Services
(v) Careers Section
33. TERMINATION OF ACCESS
Without prejudice to its other rights The Freeport News reserves the right at any time without prior notice or reference to you and without limitation; to terminate, suspend or restrict access from this website or its pages in the following circumstances where you are abusing the services provided, arising out of such event which prevents us from providing the service, any breach of the terms and conditions herein or there are any changes in any laws or regulations governing the website or the internet, where there has been any infringement of any proprietary rights which you have failed to comply with or are unlikely to comply with.
Should any provisions of this agreement be declared void or unenforceable , such provision shall be severed and construed to give legal effect to the parties intention, and the remaining agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
35. The headings or subheadings used herein shall have no legal effect whatsoever and are used for ease of reference.
The user may by statute or law acquired some right from which a claim or action may arise out of the use of or in connection with the terms and conditions herein. The user hereby agrees that any such action shall be filed within one (1) year from the date on which the claim or action arose or be barred forever.